Budget

As you may know I was my preliminary budget for the whole project i was aiming for was £1000 ($1400) .I was doing good with this target but once i got stuck in and on a roll and seeing things starting to take shape I couldnt help but just go out and buy the things i need rather than spending my time scavenging different sources for them luckily I had a lot of appliances and materials that i sourced before building which is going to come in handy in bringing down the overall cost of the house in the end. I suspect the completed cost of the house will be more like double the original £1000 target. I am not too dissapointed with this as I am still using up a lot of the things that i have acquired through freecycle and car boot sales which is going to save a fair bit of money overall once the house is finished. I think the house is so far a fairly good compromise between budget and quality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonny, This is looking amazing and I am delighted to see you tackle th eissue that always concerns me.. that of the deck without losing space. I have often wondered what price a deck ( especially in UK) yet, there is something rather splendid about having that outdoor room too! nThis is seriously impressive work Jonny, can i support you in any way.. interior stuff i am thinking.. space saving ideas... hmmm shall percolate and get back to you...
Nice one
Jude