Tiny Little House Update #6

The last two days havn't been ideal for putting the second coat of stain on so heres a list of jobs i have done over the last couple of days:

  • I Put a Batten along where the guttering will be going to bring it out a bit so that the water fall into the middle of the gutter. Figured this was a better solution than to trim the roofing sheets any more.
  • I put a capping batten on the roof at each gable.
  • I started the interior floor plan and started internal partitions.
  • I also got started on the windows that i hope to finish these next couple of days so then the house will be watertight and the exterior close to being finished. All the windows bar two will be opening windows hinged from the top of the window so swingin out from the bottom. The two windows in the living area on each of the long walls will be solid. i.e. will not open. I decided that these would not be necessary as there will be at least 1 opening window on each wall and each floor. I have not yet decided on what to glaze the windows with yet..I recieved 11 panes of 6mm glass this week off of freecycle but feeling the weight i think they might be slightly heavy in total for the house so I may just save them for the tiny little office and use some sort of acrylic to glaze the house windows.





No comments: