Tiny Little House Decking Area

Some of you might have noticed that most other tiny houses around have the door or a small deck area or both at the rear of the trailer thus leaving the front of the tralier chassis where the A-Frame is unused. You may have also noticed that the Tiny Little House I'm building has the entrance door at the front of the trailer chassis. This was not a mistake. I didn't like the idea of cutting into my already limited living space but i do like the idea of a decking area. I pondered many different ideas to overcome this one. I decided before erecting the walls to put the door at the front of the trailer by the A-frame and hitch and plan on building a fold-up deck that when in use is supported by the A-Frame of the trailer and secured in place using the jockey wheel bolt. I think this is a good way of utilising the otherwise unused area of the trailer when not in-tow. There is also the added bonus of it being self supporting so no need for any uprights meaning little extra cost and weight. As this particular tiny house is not planning on being towed around very often i will probably just unbolt the hitch and then fold down the decking area and then fold up towards the front door then bolt on the hitch if it ever needs moved. Any ideas or suggestions feel free to e-mail me. cheers

No comments: