Tiny Little House Update #13

I have now completed all the sanding and varnishing indoors. It took 3 coats of quick dry clear Matt varnish. I have also completed a couple of bits of the plumbing,put on the toilet seat and carpeted and skirted the living area. I also put a number of hooks e.t.c around the place for cups, pots,pans, nik naks e.t.c.. I also acquired an old bit of marble hearth stone for free from an old fireplace that i have put in the living area to sit a small heater or candle heater on ,obviously this is very heavy so will be lifted out of the house whenever being transported. I also got a couple of futons from Freecycle a while ago and have put one of the mattresses in the loft and makes a very cosy sleeping area (looking forward to spending first night in it). I made a ladder to get to the sleeping area out of 2 left over bits of 2x2 and a length of thick dowelling, I put 2 rubber door stops on as feet so it doesn't slip or mark the floor and will be adding some hooks on the top once I find some.
Finally the house is taking shape but there is still a lot of bits and pieces to finish off in the bathroom sealing, and a door and shower curtain and the inside of the 'door wall' still needs sheeted and clad in the PVC. The outside is going to take another coat of stain as the cladding has shrunk slightly and left some bare wood showing. Then there are the flower boxes and herb/veg garden to do and maybe a few bits and pieces on the decking area.There is some siliconing around the kitchen area to do and shelving e.t.c to go in the cupboards under the sink. Kirsty and I are off for a trip tomorrow to pick up two new wheels with new tyres for the house that we won on eBay.I don't want to risk moving the house on the old tyres in case they give way and also the two on the house at the moment are different sizes. Below are some more photos of progress and as usual these and more photos have been added to the progress in pictures page





No comments: